School and Children's Tours
Cinnamon Ridge Dairy allows for a transfer of knowledge that is not only fun, but educational too! We invite you, your school, your summer program, or youth group to visit our farm. We are a family run, dairy farm with over 200 jerseys cows. We have many farm animals for you to see, pet, feed, and learn about. Our farm tours are fun, educational, and exciting for children, adults and seniors alike.
We request that groups are 10 or more in size. Tours are $5 per person (including parents and siblings); no charge for teachers, 2 adult leaders per class, or bus drivers. The tour will take place rain or shine, so please dress appropriately for the weather.
Spring/Summer - Dairy Barn Tours
Come watch the cows at work and play! Even the teachers will learn something new and love this tour! Children and adults will learn and see where milk comes from. Watch cows being milked by robots. During your visit the students will:
- Ride on a tractor pulled wagon for a close up view of how corn is grown
- See and touch baby animals from our farm
- See robots milking cows
- Enjoy a dairy treat
- Receive a memento from the farm to take home
Spring Dairy Barn Tours are offered weekdays May 7th through August 31st. Please see the calendar for availability.
Fall - Harvest Tours
During your visit the students will
- Ride on a tractor pulled wagon for a close up view of how corn and soybeans are grown.
- Identify several types of grains (investigate by touch, sight, smell) and their uses.
- Participate in an interactive skit while learning about foods made from corn
- See Robots milking cows!
- Enjoy a home baked corn muffin (baked in our restaurant licensed kitchen) and milk
- Choose a pumpkin to take home (while supply lasts)
The price of the tour is $5 per child (including parents and siblings). We do not charge for teachers, 2 adult leaders per class, and bus drivers. We hold the visits rain or shine so please come dressed appropriately. Please see the calendar for availability.
Harvest tours are held during the weekdays in October.
Picnics or snacks can be enjoyed on the grounds on a pack in, pack out basis. Please see the calendar for availability.